Really Really Disliking mountain lion ... and apple

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by araah, Jul 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2012
    It has been problem after problem since owning my new mbp. And ML didnt help. My archive tility takes literally 10 minutes to unzip a zip file -.- and the zip file in 39kb on avergage. Im stuck with a mbp that i dont want.

So anyone want a brand new 7 day old MBP?
    I will stick with my z series
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 19, 2010
    If you're that unhappy return it. If it's only been a week I don't think you'll have a problem getting a refund.
  3. macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2009
    Your computer is obviously broken. ML is AMAZING.
  4. macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2008
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2012
    oh and i also forgot to mention that my finder doesnt open when i click on it. Instead i have to go to the desktop and open the hard drive in order to access my finder and folers
  6. macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2011
    I haven't experience any of those problems in my rMBP. Sounds like you got a dud and should get a refund/replacement.
  7. macrumors newbie

Jul 26, 2012

Ill take it
  8. macrumors member

Jun 25, 2012
    There's something really wrong then. Finder should open right up.

Did you buy this computer new? And it was always like this? It may be time to wipe it and start over.
  9. macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2011
    this guy is kidding us, and obviously trying to make us think his "z-series" is superior in some way.
  10. macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    LOL. Troll. I don't know why people overreact. If it's a new computer, you can do two things, exchange/refund or do a reinstall.
  11. macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2012
    IA, USA
    What I don't get is why there are some people complaining about ML by saying that 'such and such' software isn't working. That's not ML's fault. It's not Apple's fault that the software vendor hasn't updated the app to be compatible with ML (unless the software vendor happens to be Apple).
  12. M87
    macrumors 65816

Jul 18, 2009
    I just unzipped an archive in Mountain Lion, took less than a second. My Finder works fine too. I would try a fresh install.
  13. macrumors member

Apr 11, 2012
    I can't believe people are allowed to post a thread to ask about every single question they have. Any question you have it's probably been asked before. Search for it. If it doesn't work, ask Apple. If that didn't work then ask on a forum. Seriously this place is getting cluttered.
  14. macrumors member

Oct 20, 2011