Really stupid Wii and SD card question

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarrenSW, Mar 2, 2007.

1. DarrenSW macrumors member

Sorry for being so dim, guys, but can anyone tell me if the Wii can actually format an SD card? My camera defaults to FAT16 which neither the Wii nor my Mac can write to. Disk Utility on the Mac considers the SD card unreadable and will not format it, and I can't find an option to format cards anywhere on the Wii (system memory, yes; cards, no). It looks like I'll have to run XP in Parallels and format the card to FAT32 there unless anyone can help. Thanks.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It sounds like your having a similar problem to what I had. Is it a 2gb card ?

Your mac should be able to format a FAT16, but I found that when I put my SDcard into my Mac it kept telling me the disc needed formating, and wouldnt let me do it.

It turned out inthe end that it was my Belkin Media Card reader. I bought a new media card reader and the SD card was recognises in OSX and Fat16 supported.

So I'm guessing its your reader not your mac but......

Here's the bad part. If you have already tried formating it in your mac and it is now not readable in your wii (this happened me twice before I realised it was the media card reader) then your SD card is corrupt and there is probably no way of fixing it. Basically it's shagged. :eek: