Realmac Software Releases 'Analog Camera', A Touch-Based Photography App

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 29, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Realmac Software, part of the team behind the intuitive gesture-based to-do app Clear, today released Analog Camera -- an iOS version of 'Analog', a slick filter and border app for the Mac.

Like Clear, Analog Camera uses a gesture-based interface to navigate through a variety of filters and camera modes. Users can manually select combined exposure and focus by using a single tap on the camera, and can even select exposure and focus separately by using a two-finger tap.

The app takes only square shots, much like Instagram, and it supports saving images to the camera roll, email, Twitter, Facebook and Sina Weibo, as well as Instagram, Path and other photography apps.
    Analog Camera is available for iPhone for $0.99 on the App Store [Direct Link] and a review is available at our sister site, AppShopper.

Article Link: Realmac Software Releases 'Analog Camera', A Touch-Based Photography App

2. macrumors 65816

Yawn...another camera app.

3. macrumors 68000

Honestly. I like that this supports separation of exposure and focus, but other than that, who cares?

4. CJK
    macrumors member

Seriously? Front page on both AI and MR?

All the press these guys get makes me wonder whether there's a quid pro quo arrangement somewhere. "Clear" is possibly the most overrated app of the last 2 years, and this is just another cr*ppy snapshot app filled with hipster filters.

5. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Can we talk about how incredibly uninformative that video was?
    This is likely a camera app I will pass on. I have a handful already, I'm over it.

6. macrumors 68000

Great, another camera app. One that cuts out pixels in order to produce square images for what? Market differentiation.

7. macrumors 68020

Solomani

Important Front Page MacRumors news should be something like... what the Samsung CEO had for dinner while on vacation in Hawaii.

But not this.

8. macrumors 6502a

mw360

I agree, it sucks because its the same. But also because its different.

9. macrumors regular

Another Camera App?

Who keeps making these things? With plenty of GREAT camera apps that drop to free occasionally (load up your wishlist in appshopper!) why would someone pay anything for an app that's even simpler than the built in camera app?

My favorite camera app is Procam by Samer Azzam - it really has anything you can or can't think of that you would want your iPhone camera to do.

10. macrumors 6502

Another analog camera app. Boring. And all those analog pictures are starting to look the same. Enough!

11. macrumors member

i just want my hatch app from them to hatch already... lol

12. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

13. macrumors 68040

Couldn't agree more… still waiting for Clear to get reminders.

14. macrumors 6502a

I WAS the one

I need to say this. They nailed it! All the filters apps out there failed trying to be easy and useful. This time Realmac Software made a great way to snap, filter and share a photo even better than Instagram is.

15. macrumors 6502a

SmileyBlast!

My sentiments exactly phrased.

Clear is not useful at all. It's not Clear and Flat its Fat and Obscure.
    I bought it and never use it. :eek:

Let the Clear backlash begin! :mad: