RealMyst Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I tried playing RealMyst yesterday, only to find that everything is white! The books are white, the buildings are white, it's just like the textures aren't being applied to the objects. I know that the game also runs in OS 9, so I tried running it in Classic, same problem. I tried rebooting into 9 and then it worked perfectly - until it crashed (taking my boot sector with it :mad: )

So has anyone else had this problem, with everything being white? I'm running 10.2.8 with a Radeon 7500.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

real myst is a very very poor port /remake of the original. i have a copy that i should have used in a mobile or something i give it a 1 or 2 out of 10. what can you make out of a old cd?? played the original which was such a good game for the time.

3. brrruiser macrumors newbie

Did you ever fix that graphics problem?

The same thing happens to me in 10.3.3 and I can't get the patch to install - it can't find the original app and quits. What a stupid patch!

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

RealMyst worked flawlessly for me, but I have issues with Riven and Exile in the DVD anniversary edition. The game is only in a tiny box and won't let me switch resolution via displays without the game quiting on me.

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I keep hearing about problems and how bad these games are but I haven't to this day had any issues with either one. I run a G3-300 that I amped up with a G4-500 ZIFF card and an ATI Rdeon 7000 32mb video card. I have 768mb of RAM and both the original 12gb HD Running OS 10.2.8 and an additional Maxtor 60gb internal HD I installed the game on.I have played through each game several times and love them all. I really think they could have done a better job with the graphics on Riven but still the detail and plying was excellent. I'm really looking forward to the arrival of Uru MAC edition and Myst IV.:D