RealOne does not autoplay

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by FattyMembrane, Dec 1, 2002.

1. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i'm ashamed to be asking a question this stupid, but i installed the realone beta a few weeks ago and instead of loading the file directly in realplayer when i click on a link, it downloads a "source=ENSO" or "hurl.exe" file which i must double click. it's not a big deal since i dont use realplayer much. does anyone know how i can set it to automatically open up in realone? perhaps it's just an issue with chimera (i have no other browser with which i can test it).

2. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

You MIGHT, MIGHT, be able to use autoplay on IE, but beyond that, just grit your teeth and say over and over "it's made by real"

3. FattyMembrane thread starter macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

thanks for the info. i'm certainly not re-installing ie and i don't use real enough to really care about it. it just seems that something which has worked since the dark ages on my old performa and system 7 should probably work in x, but alas, real has yet to even play a full 30sec audio clip without interuption and hissing. i hope that people get a clue and start using open standards ("every other crappy website has it's media encoded in wmp and real, i should too!")

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

delete?

Hey guys.... Do you know how I can just get rid of the program? I tried moving it to the trash but it won't let me. I'm the admin running 10.2 with a iBook 500Mhz with 640ram....

I really need to get rid of it....

5. grobbins macrumors member

If the clip doesn't open up in the player, it's likely due either to a configuration problem on the web server or, more likely, a bug in Chimera's support for the system's InternetConfig facility. RealOne Player does set up the system so that browsers should know to hand off appropriate clips to the player, but it is up to the web server to supply the proper MIME type to the browser, and up to the browser to pass the file on to the player.

In any case, you can typically work around the problem by renaming the downloaded file so it ends with a .rm extension and drag that renamed file onto RealOne Player's icon. Alternatively, control-click on the link in the browser and copy the URL link for the content, and then run RealOne Player, open the Open Location window and paste in the URL.

All that's normally necessary to uninstall RealOne Player for Mac OS X is to drag the RealOne Player icon to the trash. If you have admin priveleges and the system isn't letting you drag it to the trash, then there is a problem with Mac OS X permissions, the RealOne Player package file is locked, or the hard drive is corrupt.