realplayer problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jhomayne, May 10, 2005.

1. jhomayne macrumors regular

Hi,
    whenever i try to click on a .rm link on a website instead of opening up realplayer (like windows media links do for WMP) it just downloads the link and then i have to click on that to launch realplayer.

now, i may be missing a trick here but is there a simple way to get reaplayer to open up instantly and avoid downloading the link?

cheers.
    :)

2. grobbins macrumors member

Look in RealPlayer's Online Help (in RealPlayer's Help menu). Scroll down the left side of the Help window to find the section Troubleshooting -> Launching -> Other Programs launch.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it downloads the link for me, but Realplayer automatically launches... :cool:

4. jhomayne thread starter macrumors regular

cheers for that but i checked both solutions and still nothing happens after i download the link.

:confused:

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

try setting your browser to automatically open downloads once complete

6. jhomayne thread starter macrumors regular

there is that. but i'd rather find another solution if possible. i don't really want everything i download opening straight away.

7. croshtique macrumors 6502

You might be able to set up a Folder Action for the Desktop... something along the lines of whenever a new file is added to the Desktop, check if it has extension .rm (or whatever) and if so open said file in RealPlayer.

8. grobbins macrumors member

You can always double-click the downloaded file's icon in Safari's downloads window.