Reason not to take pictures of yourself at the Apple Store...

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Aug 15, 2002.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

So, duke and I found this gem on one of the cameras here.....we thought we'd share it with ya'll....

enjoy :D

Attached Files:

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

ROTFLMFAO!! That is just too funny.

I can't imagine how much spare time you two must have had.

Well, what do you think of the design, now that you got a reflective face of showiness on it? :D :D :p

3. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Hhhhmmmm...

I like the G4's reflective drive thingy :D
    Its like a built in mirrior!

This is a stupid question but... What are those four little oval things at the bottom of the G4? Speakers? :confused:

YES! 200 POSTS!

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

LOL! :D Sensational! I bet that guy is an MR lurker... he looks like a lurker to me... :)

5. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

lol.. yeah.. or sumthing.. XD

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Re: Hhhhmmmm...

Argh! They're air intake vents! Man, don't you guys read up on this stuff? :p

So I suppose if they're the speakers, then that thing on the top must be... an EYE! :eek: :eek:

They draw in the air, the turbine fan's behind those vents, which draws the air over that friggin' huge heat sink sitting behind the fan. And then it goes out the cheese grater back.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Hhhhmmmm...

yes, but what was interesting was they had the reflective surface on them, and the air goes around the edges, not straight in. Interesting touch. The back of the machine is all air vent - pretty crazy.

D

8. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Re: Hhhhmmmm...

A-ha, I was wondering what that thing on the top was! Is the new eye in any way related to the i-apps? That would be great... iChat being able to read one's lips.

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Hhhhmmmm...

not only that... but built in web cam capabilities....

10. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

looks like a heavy breather to me ;):D

11. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

in that pic, it looks quite sexy-- the powermac and not the dude!

Seriously, it looks pretty good. not as nice as QS, but nice nonetheless. I'm off to compusa to check them out for real. Might sneak the minolta in a grab a guerilla shot or three.

12. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

On the way back from the Apple Store I decided that this case is the best/most sexy yet. I love it, and cant wait for Mine to arrive...

The mirrored optical drives makes it look so much better then if it were just metal. Also, the mirrors behind the Air vents was very interesting...and I for one thought it was very cool.

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey that's my dad!!

ok not really...but today is his birthday... :D

I didn't realize that panel was mirrored....kinda creepy looking I think... :eek:

14. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I think that liking the new enclosure is going to be a personal thing. I'm not all that excited about it. It seems like a kluge in many ways. The engineering of the vents to help cool the system seems a bit drastic - it was necessary because they have the processors going so fast its generating enough heat to warm a small room in winter.

I'm sure Apple's not to happy about that either. With a new chip (the Power4 hopefully) thats smaller, draws less power and runs cooler, they're not going to need this enclosure - so, what is on the horizen? Will we see another new design next year?

I hope so.

D

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The weird thing is that every Apple authorized store you go into, a guy who looks like that is in there :eek: Clones perhaps? My local Apple reseller is full of folks like that.

17. ponyboy macrumors regular

Re: hey that's my dad!!

The mirrored panel is so geeks can burn CDs and pop zits at the same time.
    :D

18. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    call me a neat freak but those mirrored optical drive doors sure showed a lot of smudgy fingerprints...but i thought the new case was nice...and it IS loud.

maybe we should start a thread containing photos of unsuspecting apple store visitors. do a caption contest.

19. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

what's that thing on the upper right hand corner of the drives? Is it a manual eject?

20. djniche macrumors regular

21. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

next time someone sees these things, put your hand above the surface in the back and feel the output of air. report back on the heat dissipation plz.

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I checked it out when I was there. It wasn't all that bad - but it wasn't running anything that would make it heat up. You'll need to take a Quicktime Movie and export it at 2x size, add some filters, etc. and let it run for 15 and see what happens. Not something you'd likely be able to do in the store - especially with all the people coming and going.

23. dhdave macrumors regular

I love the case, but I just can't believe they can't put some usb, and firewire jacks on the front too. To paraphrase SJ three years ago when he introduced the B&W G3: "We call it a door".

dh

Dual 867 coming in September.

24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Re: Re: hey that's my dad!!

You gotta wonder if women can put on makeup looking at the panel and use the mouse with their knees as if they're going to work in the car. :D I rarely see them crash so I assume the car isn't controlled by Windows.

25. vniow macrumors G4

Oh God, trying to put makeup on in the passenger seat is hard, I can't even imagne somebody doing it while driving, not that I would ever try something crazy like that. :p