reassembling a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by excalibur313, Apr 4, 2007.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

A friend shattered her macbook screen and convinced me it would be a good idea to replace it for her. Everything worked perfectly except now the top of the computer doesn't sit very nicely right near the hinge on the back of the computer so I can't screw it back together. Did anyone else run into that problem? I followed ifixit instructions and my computer looks just like the pictures. Is theree some trick that I'm missing to make it sit correctly there?
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I've read a couple posts in this forum where others have disassembled and reassembled the MB and said you have to be very careful with the clips that hold the top of the MB in place and that it is really difficult to reassemble the MB with the same fit and finish it had from the factory.

3. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Would you be able to direct me to those posts? It seems like the problem is that there is this metal interface right near the hinge and they don't seem to be meeting up correctly but I can't see what is wrong without closing the lid. Thanks a lot for responding!