rebate issues

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smartalic34, Jun 18, 2006.

1. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I'm going to be purchasing a macbook pro thru the education store, and will be taking advantage of both the ipod and printer rebates. however, both rebate forms ask for receipts and UPC packaging labels... since there is only one UPC label on the box (and probably only one receipt), how do I go about mailing in BOTH rebates?

2. Acehigh macrumors 6502

DO they both say orginal?? call apple and ask maybe the Ipod one can be a copy.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

I'm pretty sure the last time i did the apple edu rebates, the apple store will give you copies of the receipt, the rebate forms, and one (or heck, both or all) of the rebates will ask for copies of everything else. Ask the store employees about it if you're not entirely sure.

4. chris y. macrumors regular

Yea the apple store will give you enough duplicate receipts. You only send one original UPC cutout for each rebate: the printer upc 'perfect companion' rebate goes in one envelope, and the ipod upc cutout goes in a different envelope for the 'major in mac' rebate.

5. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I'm doing the same thing next week, what is the printer rebate? can you get a free printer? Because that would me really nice for next year...

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Printer rebate on select models up to $100. Some are under $100 so you essentially get them for free.

I believe when the overlapping Back To School and printer rebate happened last year, someone sent a copy of the UPC and a note to the printer rebate explaining that they had to send the UPC to the Back to School rebate instead. Luckily, they did get their rebate. I'd call up Apple or talk to the Apple Store manager at least though.

7. smartalic34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

will ordering online (what I plan to do) still generate multiple receipts? although I bet photocopying the receipt could work too...

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You can print as many copies of your order as you want. Just make sure the iPod and Mac are on the same order.

9. Proteus3 macrumors newbie

Hello, my sister recently bought a MacBook in an Apple Store, taking advantage of both the iPod and printer rebates. We just recently bought the computer, so we haven't filled the rebates out yet.

Just wanted to note that according to Apple's website, you can use a photocopy of the UPC from the MacBook for one of the deals and just leave a note explaining where the actual UPC is. The website specifically states:

When I bought it in the store, they gave me three receipts. One for each offer and another for myself to keep. So in short, doing both the printer and iPod deals shouldn't be a problem.

10. Canerican macrumors regular

Hi great forum you got here!

One quick question. When you bought the printer did they tell you to mail in the rebate? Because they told me to do the paper one, but the paper one said that I could do online so I did it online now my rebate status says:

We have received your web submission, but we did not receive your claim submission.

What does this mean?

My iPod submission says that the claim is currently being processed.

Should I call?

Thanks,

Jeff

11. Astral Cars macrumors regular

Do you need the UPC for the iPod and the computer for the rebate? Is just the computer one enough? Same for the printer deal, do you need both UPCs there? Also, When it was sent to me the computer came in a larger brown cardboard box with a UPC on it and the MacBook box inside had one as well, so having to of those was easy. I just don't remember what happened to the iPod box.

12. deepy macrumors regular

Here is a quote from the printer rebate form (for the UK)....

Found at http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/perfectcompanion2006.pdf