Rebate Length?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Porscheboy16, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Porscheboy16 macrumors member

How long did it take everyone for Apple to recieve your UPC/Form for the Major in Mac rebate? I sent mine last Tuesday from Delaware(via Priority Mail), and they still haven't received it? I hope I didn't get screwed out of my $180:mad:

2. Kitrik macrumors member

I'm in the same boat... I'm guessing it will take 3 weeks or so for them to "get it"...

3. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

I started the process on line, but from the time I mailed the rebates & UPCs until the time I received the check was almost 4 weeks exactly. And for the first 2 weeks the Apple Rebate Status page said that my stuff had not been received.

4. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

It's been longer than 4 weeks for me. Does anyone know what I should do in this case? I made sure to make copies of everything to send them, will they accept that if everything seems to have gotten lost in the process somewhere?

5. vega07 macrumors 65816

does the process online still involve mailing things? I thought completing the rebate forms online eliminates the hassle of mailing all the crap!

6. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

Nope--one still needs to maim those pretty boxes and mail in the receipts and UPC. Starting the process on-line gave me a couple of extra days to get to the post office though. I needed to mail my rebate process by July 17th, but when I started it online, I just had to get everything to the post office by August 1st.

7. vega07 macrumors 65816

this really sucks then...*sigh*

I assumed apple's online rebates were like staple's easy rebates. no paper and postage hassles.

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Warning to you guys:

I had gotten a letter saying my rebate could not be completed because my receipt didn't include price...

So I sent another one, WITH the price. The message I got before about the wrong invoice appeared again on the page. :eek:

I am calling tomorrow...

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I sent my rebate submission in Certified w/ Return Rec't as $180 is a lot of $ to be screwed out of especially when you don't even need a 2GB nano in the first place (sold it on eBay BTW).

My return rec't came back about 4 days after I sent it in. That was around Aug 17th. I did the electronic pre-submission figuring it would be faster. As of today Apple's rebate status site still says they haven't rec'd my UPC and rec't info.

I'm guessing Apple switched to a different fulfillment co. because my past experience has been such that I got the rebate pretty quick...sometimes even before my CC statement arrived. Not sure what the hold up is, but they seem to be slow for everyone.