ReBirth is now open source!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sirus The Virus, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

Propellerhead software anounced yesterday their software Rebirth is now dead and that development has ended forever. And now it's free! The only problem is that it's for OS 9 only, and I don't have it. Is there a place where I can get OS 9 to run this under Tiger? Thanks.

Propellerhead Software

and

ReBirth Museum

Long Live ReBirth!

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Most OS 9 apps will run fine under Classic. Classic comes with all new Macs, you can install it from your software restore disks.

3. Sirus The Virus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

Thanks!! I'm really exited I love this program, and I found the Classic installer to run it!!

4. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Wow, thats great, except for the fact that you cant control anything via MIDI through Classic mode (at least not well). Anyone wanna port the open source over to OS X??? ;)

I may DL the file today and boot up in OS 9 just for the heck of it. I guess having a dual-boot machine has its possible benefits? :p

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...while Propellerheads may be giving the software away for free now, it is *NOT* open source (to the best of my knowledge) - meaning no, you cannot have the source code. There are lots of aspects of ReBirth that are in Reason as well and they are not goiung to let that code out into the open......oh yeah!

6. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

Not open source

Yeah, please change the title of this thread, as it is not open source.
    If it were open source then the community could update it to work with Leopard. Since that's not the case it is pretty useless. :(
    Especially since all Macs are now Intel and cannot even run it in Classic mode (not that you'd want to run Classic mode anyway).

7. OpiumRB macrumors newbie

Yeah

ReBirth is NOT open-source.

Please do rename this thread; I'll see into having Google refresh the result for this soon thereafter however possible.

This thread is misleading; please rename it.

Thank you.

8. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

The thread is 5 years old. :rolleyes:

9. Sirus The Virus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

Yes, this thread is 5 years old. Also, I was 15 when I posted this and didn't completely understand what open source was. And no, I am not renaming it.

P.S. It's now an iPhone app!