Recap of New Family Guy Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jcarm24, Oct 12, 2005.

1. jcarm24 macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2005
    C-Ville, VA
    So now that FG is in season 5, does anyone have any feelings on the past 10 episodes of season 4? I personally thought the first two episodes we're great. MacFarlane stuck it right in Fox's face in the opening scene of his show's return. Since the first two episodes, the show has gone gradually down hill.

After discussing this with my friends, I think to two disappointments are Stewie and Peter. Stewie pretty much abandoned his plans for world domination and became a back-burner for comedic relief. No attempts to kill Louis? Helping Brian out in every jam the dog is fixed up in? Grow some balls kid. His abuse toward other characters throughout the movie, "Stewie Griffin, the Untold Story" gave him back a little credibility, but not much.

Peter has been an idiot throughout the new season, but a different kind of idiot. He seems louder, more obnoxious. Watch the old seasons and I think you'll find that his stupidity was much more cleverly portrayed.

Curious to everyone else's thoughts.
  2. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    You know i gotta agree for whatever reason i find myself keeling over laughing less and less with these later episodes. I have never really been into Tv shows like the simpsons and all of those comedy central shows(south park etc.) but I LOVED Family Guy and was really getting into it. I watched the first seasons on DVD and now recently I have just lost alot of my original excitement since i haven't found the shows as staggeringly funny