Receiving picture messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by merissie, Jul 2, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Can the iphone get picture messages? I have had some ppl try and send them to me, but I haven't gotten them.

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 6502

wakka092

You are *supposed* to recieve a text message with directions on opening it at viewmymessage.com

4. macrumors newbie

I was told my ATT today that the iphone can not recieve multi-media text messages. I could not believe it.....

Oh well, back to YouTube.....

Mark Hull

5. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

we've know this for a while... I hope you didn't expect it to :rolleyes:

6. macrumors 6502

could this be something that is updated. My old phone which was free that I got 2 years received photo messages and this 600 dollar IPhone cant? I find this really hard to believe.

7. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

c'mon man... this has been a know issue for a LONG TIME! you shouldn't have bought an iFone™ without looking into these kinds of things. im sure the iPhone does a lot more then your 2y/o fone™ though...

:apple:™

8. macrumors member

I can live without it, but y'know... I really hope this is changed. I'd feel kinda like a dork saying 'oh yeah my phone can do anything, browse the web even!' but not get picture messages...
    at least it's a software issue.

9. macrumors regular

Hey, is there a place to report iPhone bugs or feature suggestions like there is for Mac OS X on Apple's website?

I really don't understand the lack of MMS support... plus, honestly, I would think that getting MMS images in the iChat-style interface would be awesome.

10. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

believe me or not, I honestly don't care- at all :p

However, the AT&T store I camped out at for 30 hours (see blog) is close to Apple corporate... and I talked to an Apple rep that worked on the iPhone project: Software development. I asked him if Apple would be proactive with feature upgrades etc. and he said "Absolutely"

11. macrumors 6502

That is disappointing. When I am home, I OFTEN snap photos and send them to friends' cell phones (and sometimes follow up with a call to discuss). It is VERY useful.

12. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

agreed. i'm not angry because i knew i wouldn't be getting it at launch... but it's a curious omission.

13. macrumors 6502

Leemo

When they send you a picture message just get them to pop your email address in the 'To:' field instead.

Works a charm!

Seriously though, is MMS that big a deal? For everyone I know it's been a non-starter here in the UK. Not saying that people don't use it of course, but I daresay sending pictures via e-mail is much preferable.

-Leemo

14. macrumors 6502

no MMS

but if you are dying to send pictures to other cell phones, try emailing them to CELLPHONE@carrier.com

each carrier differs so figure out which one works.