Receiving picture messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by merissie, Jul 2, 2007.

1. merissie macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2007
    Can the iphone get picture messages? I have had some ppl try and send them to me, but I haven't gotten them.
  2. wakka092 macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2007
    You are *supposed* to recieve a text message with directions on opening it at
  3. TGNman macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2007
    I was told my ATT today that the iphone can not recieve multi-media text messages. I could not believe it.....

Oh well, back to YouTube.....

Mark Hull
  4. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    we've know this for a while... I hope you didn't expect it to :rolleyes:
  5. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2007
    could this be something that is updated. My old phone which was free that I got 2 years received photo messages and this 600 dollar IPhone cant? I find this really hard to believe.
  6. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    c'mon man... this has been a know issue for a LONG TIME! you shouldn't have bought an iFone™ without looking into these kinds of things. im sure the iPhone does a lot more then your 2y/o fone™ though...

7. speedballs macrumors member

Jul 22, 2004
    SLC Utah
    I can live without it, but y'know... I really hope this is changed. I'd feel kinda like a dork saying 'oh yeah my phone can do anything, browse the web even!' but not get picture messages...
    at least it's a software issue.
  8. Nall macrumors regular

Aug 15, 2003
    Hey, is there a place to report iPhone bugs or feature suggestions like there is for Mac OS X on Apple's website?

I really don't understand the lack of MMS support... plus, honestly, I would think that getting MMS images in the iChat-style interface would be awesome.
  9. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    believe me or not, I honestly don't care- at all :p

However, the AT&T store I camped out at for 30 hours (see blog) is close to Apple corporate... and I talked to an Apple rep that worked on the iPhone project: Software development. I asked him if Apple would be proactive with feature upgrades etc. and he said "Absolutely"
  10. mavherzog macrumors 6502

Jun 11, 2005
    Columbus, WI
    That is disappointing. When I am home, I OFTEN snap photos and send them to friends' cell phones (and sometimes follow up with a call to discuss). It is VERY useful.
  11. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    agreed. i'm not angry because i knew i wouldn't be getting it at launch... but it's a curious omission.
  12. Leemo macrumors 6502

May 7, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    When they send you a picture message just get them to pop your email address in the 'To:' field instead.

Works a charm!

Seriously though, is MMS that big a deal? For everyone I know it's been a non-starter here in the UK. Not saying that people don't use it of course, but I daresay sending pictures via e-mail is much preferable.

13. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2007
    no MMS

but if you are dying to send pictures to other cell phones, try emailing them to

each carrier differs so figure out which one works.