Recent Switcher Help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AGoldman, Dec 29, 2003.

1. AGoldman macrumors newbie

I just recently bought my first apple products, a 15" powerbook and 15GB ipod, and I love them. As a new user though, there are a lot of questions I have just about how to do things the way I want. Are there any good internet resources?

For example, here is a list of the types of things I want to figure out how to do:
    - use Command+Arrow to navigate finder olders like it does in safari
    - arrange folders in reverse order when viewing by date
    - de-highlight when selecting icons with the arrows (if you change directions, it highlights from the other end of the list)
    - open new (finder/browser) with current page
    - Change a folder icon (I have an application alias but it doesn't have the application folder icon)
    - lock/unlock the function key on the laptop so down is page down
    - Mail: have sent mail saved to my IMAP account, not just the mac?
    - Mail: go to a letter when viewing mail by From (ie, typing j-o-e would go to the first letter from joe@aol.com)

So what's a good resource to answer these types of questions?

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Welcome aboard!

I am not sure of a single site that has all the answers, I usually search the forums and post questions like you do!

I can answer this one (not sure about the others, don't want to give false info)

- Change a folder icon (I have an application alias but it doesn't have the application folder icon)
    If you get the info for the folder/alias, you can highlight the icon and paset (Apple-V) any other Icon you have placed in the clipboard. You can copy the icon of any file/folder by highlighting and copying.

3. zellin macrumors regular

Re: Recent Switcher Help

-Don't know.
    -Just click the date bar again in column view.
    -Don't know.
    -Don't know what you're talking about.
    -Already answered.
    -Don't know what you're talking about.
    -It already does that, unless you changed something.
    -Just type joe in the text field in the top left.

4. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

I don't think there is a definite way to lock the function key. You just use it for key combinations (fn+down). If you want to go a page down in Safari, you can also press the space bar.