Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I am in Taiwan and reception out here is quite good so I know it is now a reception issue but I have found that after updating to IOS 5 on my Iphone 4 that I have been getting more and more dropped calls to where I would be calling and would just drop a call. It would also be hard to call back after.

Could this be because of programming of the new antenna to where it switches between the antennas on the phone which now exist on the Iphone 4S but not on the Iphone 4:confused: I'm thinking that when it switches it cuts off if there is nothing to switch to. I never had dropped call problems before.:confused:

3G reception in Taipei is generally quite good with cell towers every where in the city.

kinkino1l

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I have iphone 4, and ios 5. Both work great, but i havn't noticed any difference except more positive speed. The Signal is pretty much the same.

Also on your theory, its most likely wrong. That being due to the fact that ios 5 has a firmware type for each type of device, aka ios 5 for iphone 4 is different than ios 5 for iphone 3s or Iphone 4S.

But you never know :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.