Rechargeable batteries for the Wii-mote

Discussion in 'Games' started by CubeHacker, Nov 12, 2006.

1. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

AFAIK, the Wiimote uses AA batteries. It would be nice if they console had a way of recharging it, but I don't believe it does, so i'll have to rely on an external charger. Anyone have any recommendations for a good rechargeable combo (batteries + charger). I'll probably end up picking these up a few days before launch so they'll be all charged and ready to go. I don't want to have to wait 8 hours for the batteries to charge on launch day!

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Rechargable batteries already have juice in them when you buy them, maybe not full, but close!

And you could always buy some generic to use while they're charging.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Or else buy an extra set so you can swap and charge one while you use the other? It's not such an expense. You're probably best off spending for LiIon or NiMH rechargeables rather than the cheap NiCads... but they should all work fine.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Buy rechargeable, buy a charger.

I got some super-mHa ones a while back, 2200 or something. like £4 for 4. charger? £9.99. cheap as ****, and the charger only takes 2 hours to charge the batteries!

All you need. really. No packs, no "Nintendo should have...". This is dirt cheap and finally a reason for me to use my AA batteries.

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

But then the 99p store down my street sells packs of 32 batteries for... well, 99p. 3.1p per battery (just under 6c). Crazy. I don't quite know how long they'll last but for the cost of a charger and a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries I could get 480 batteries. Wouldn't do much good to the environment though.
    My real problem is that I'm crap with remembering things and have lost countless battery chargers and rechargeable batteries alike. Also I've been disappointed in rechargeable battery performance in the past, after a while they're capacity seems to drop to a pitiful amount.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytRqV8kOBc

I just had to :D

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I won't bother explaining the ins and outs of Garth Marenghi. I think the title sequence says it all.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:) Thanks! Watching Borat was this past week's investment in understanding UK pop culture. :)

10. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I'd be more curious what rechargeable batteries give you the most play time with the Wiimote.

And oh boy, that Garth Marenghi video was interesting.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Borat! Just watched that earlier today. Funniest film I've ever seen :D oooh I love it.

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's been insane over here! It opened a week ago, I think? And even though this was the second weekend, it was still selling out shows! It was soooo funny!

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've had these 1600mAh Panasonic ones that I bought from Bj's a few years ago, and I've been using it for my bluetooth mouse. I just changed them w/e need be. They've probably lost some capacity but whatever, I always have extra on hand.

14. munchmime macrumors member

Grab some duracell rechargables...

duracell rechargable (green and white)

their awesome. some of the best I've used, especially for the price. I have put them through things that have killed my other brands, and they keep going. you can get a 1 hr charger too with 4 batteries. I haven't found one reason to complain about them.

15. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Somebody recommended these on the forum a while ago. Looks like they hold their charge well and whatnot.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I did! They're very good batteries. Best AA's I've ever used.