recharging the ipod battery issue

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by terry29, May 7, 2003.

1. terry29 macrumors newbie

what is the "healthiest" way to recharge the battery to maximize the life of the battery? i dont want to ever have to dish out $200 to replace it, so what is the best way to recharge it?

also, how long does one charge last for you guys on average? (new ipods are advertised as 8 hours, but i much less than that)

2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I'm wondering also, i got my new one yesterday and it says it takes 4 hours to recharge the battery, thats a long time for something to be left on charge considering my ibook only takes 1 hour 40 minutes.

Pity there is no actual guide or something.
    Its also a pity that the battery isn't removable so that you can replace it yourself.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

There have been numerous threads on this subject. Battery life is 8 hours under optimial conditions, meaning you don't skip songs (by design it only has to spin up the HD one every half hour or so)...

i think the battery on the old iPods was supposed to take up to three hours to charge (1 hour to get to 80%), dunno about the new ones. Mine rarely gets below 3/4 charge, and it usually takes an hour or two to charge... which isn't horrible. I mean, you have to sleep sometime, why not just leave it plugged in overnight?

pnw

4. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Yes but how long is reasonable, i've been charging mine now for over 4 hours and it still hasn't finished.