Recipe Software for OS X

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by williamsonrg, Feb 23, 2005.

1. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

My girlfriend is looking for good recipe collection software for her new PB. Any suggestions? There are tons out there it looks like, but I like testimonials.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. A few months ago I saw some software from a company that also made a software to catalog your DVDs--it downloaded pictures of the DVD cases from Amazon.com. I know it's a long-shot that anybody knows what I'm talking about, but I figured it can't hurt).

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Can't say I've used it before, but this one looks fairly promising. Just thought I'd toss that at you in case you hadn't found it yet. :)

3. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that's one of the ones I saw. Of course, it was a sponsored link on Google, I never trust sponsored links. ;)

4. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Has anybody used this program before? (Or any others?)

5. Southbridge macrumors regular

Southbridge

like does she want software with recipes that she can use or just a software that will store her own recipes?

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

7. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

A Cooks Books

I've been using "A Cooks Books" for a couple of years. It is a good deal and works pretty well.
    The author provides frequent updates and feature upgrades and there is even a Yahoo! group for the program.
    I like that it imports different recipe formats from other programs (Mastercook etc...) and it supports drag and drop for ingredients (select the ingredient list off of a web page and drop it on the ACB window- it will automatically populate.
    The only thing I don't like is the somewhat weak search functionality. I would like if you could search by multiple criteria rather than just recipe name.
    Here's the link- there's a demo of the program there:
    http://www.3caam.com/products.html

8. quidire macrumors 6502

quidire

I'll second the vote for "Yum!"

The second item, is Delicious Library what you are referring to? I haven't used it but it had gotten rave reviews. I don't think they make any recipe software (yet) but their intent WAS to release cataloguing app after cataloguing app, so who knows what will come down the pipe...

-RS

9. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

10. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

11. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

does anyone know of any software that can use UK metric measurements? I dont suppose it matters too much but it would be convenient for me :)

12. quidire macrumors 6502

quidire

I believe Connoisseur can use metric measurements; are there any specific British idiosyncrasies?

-RS