Recomendations on Speakers for an iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Danrose1977, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Errr... I think I said it all in the title!

Anyone got recomendations on speakers under £150 that I can get for my brand spanking new 12' iBook?
  2. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2004
    Tokyo, Japan or Longview, Texas
    There are lots of good 2.1 speaker sets out there. There have been a number of articles on MacRumors regarding them. Happy searching!
  3. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    I highly recommend the JBL Creature speakers. I use them with my iBook and my brother uses them with his iMac. They look great and they sound great.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i personally recommend Altec Lansing's ATP3's because they are cheap and the best "bang for your buck" but again i would go to a store and listen to different speakers side by side and pick which ever sound the best to you
  5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    Ill second the JBL speakers. Very nice sound. I use them for my computer, and I hook my iPod up to them and use that as my alarm clock. You might be to find some of the older versions pretty cheap. From what I know the only difference between the 1st version and the seconds is the paint used on them, the first set used a more costly paint. There may be other differences as well I am not sure though.
  6. nargot macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2004
    get a mini stereo or use your existing if you have one. buy an iMic from Griffin and you will get excellent sounds and its much cheaper