Recommend a bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ToddW, Apr 14, 2004.

1. ToddW macrumors 6502a

I am looking to buy a bluetooth mouse for my PB, does anyone have any suggestions. I really do not like apple's mouse.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Don't get the one from BlueTake. I have it and am quite unhappy with it. MacMice.com is supposedly releasing one (in March, then in April, then who knows) and I'd recommend holding out for theirs to see what people think. For a mouse to take traveling I'm not a fan of one with a base station to recharge it because then I feel like I have to take the base station along too...

3. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I was thinking of purchasing the Bluetake mouse. What don't you like about it? I might as well wait for the Macmice 2-button BT mouse, then.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I like my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse - it is a bit big though.

I think the Logitech one is largish as well.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Ahhhh... the BlueTake mouse.

Maybe it's just a me problem but... the buttons on the mouse work fine. It's the mouse tracking that I had issues with. It seemed like often times the mouse would either shoot to one side of the screen for no reason or the mouse would stop tracking altogether. The buttons would still work however. So I had to turn the mouse of and then back on in order that it might work again. They told me it was a problem with the color of my mouse pad and I tried another mousepad and various other surfaces to no avail. I eventually gave up and now it just sits there. I mainly used it for games anyhow. The mousepads I used worked flawlessly with other optical mice I had used in the past so I'm doubting that was a problem. Maybe I got faulty hardware. I dunno. I just don't care for it.

6. lasuther macrumors 6502a

My friend has a 17" PowerBook. He bought the MS Bluetooth mouse and it didn't work very well. He then purchased the Logitech and it is amazing. It matches well with your PowerBook. Makes me wish I got Bluetooth for my iBook.

Get the Logitech.

lasuther

7. TheT macrumors 6502

I'd wait for the MacMice one... it'll be out in June (it says so in the FAQs)

8. djkny macrumors 6502

Radtech just recently re-branded the BLuetake BT-500 is selling on their website for $54.95. Radtech makes reliable stuff. Do you think they would've Q/C'd the issues and released a more "stable" version or is the Bluetake's mechanics itself doomed to failure? I'm intrigued by this mouse, too. Wondering if I should sell my Apple BT mouse to get this one!

9. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I can't say for sure if it was a BlueTake mouse problem or just a problem with my particular one. When it does work it does what it's supposed to. But I rarely use it anymore as I only need it for games (I'm perfectly fine with the trackpad otherwise). Give it a shot and maybe it'll work just fine. I could have gotten a bum one. If you need help setting it up... when you pair it don't set it up as a mouse but as an "other" device. The code is "0000". It won't work as a mouse. Odd thing is that when it finds it nothing happens but when you turn it off I get the transparent "Mouse Disconnected" graphic. Weird.

10. kbonnel macrumors 6502

I had the microsoft BT mouse, and it did not work well for me. The movement of the pointer was jumpy, and I could not live with it. It is also very large, which I could not stand. I am back to a wired mouse. If they can make a nice small BT mouse, that works like a wired mouse, then I am there.

Kimo

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I have the MS bluetooth mouse, and though I hate to praise MS, it's fantastic. Never a problem of any kind whatsoever. 5 buttons (three for expose), great tracking, no complaints at all. Be aware that it doesn't turn off, but goes in to powersave mode when not in use.

12. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

So it fully works with Panther?
    Was it easy to set up?
    What do you have the expose buttons set to?
    How about lefthandedness?

13. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

I loved the Bluetake when I had it(gave it away in a trade)
    But it worked great with my PowerBook.