Recommend a flash book?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by munckee, Mar 15, 2007.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I took my first flash class a few weekends ago. It was a two day intensive, and frankly I can't remember everything we went over despite my notes.

Can anyone recommend a decent book that covers the basics? I'm just looking for a reference manual to help refresh my memory.

Thanks!

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

3. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I'll definitely second the HOT book. The CD alone is worth the purchase, since there are instructional videos and pre-made files that will cover a lot of what you'll want to do. Worth the money for sure...

4. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

The best book ever. this is how i learned, i used the videos a lot

5. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I tend to agree, I needed to refresh in Flash so I got this book and Flash Magic which is also very good. Look for anything with a book and source FLA files to learn on, trust me it makes learning an application like Flash easier.

6. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks everyone. I ended up buying one before i saw these responses, but i can't remember the title offhand.

7. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Flash comes hand-in-hand with Actionscript. Can someone recommend the thorough Actionscript book? I am reading FlashMX2004 actionscript training from the source, Object-Oriented Actionscript for Flash 8, and Actionscript Animation.