Recommend a Good LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jaw04005, Feb 14, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Can anyone recommend a good short-throw LCD projector? I was looking at the Canons. Hoping to purchase for under $1500.

Thanks,

Josh

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

There are a bewildering assrtment of models to choose from..as.I am not sure what you would be using it for...I would recommend te Panasonic PT-L300, Infocus X1 and Sanyo PLV-Z1 as great LCD projectors priced under $2000 (in that order). When I bought my projectors, I got a few leads, spent a LONG time checking out models, then looked at refurbished versions. I bought my last one off Ebay...I recommend that approach. Pay attention to contrast ratio and the life and price o replacement bulbs(some last 1000 or 2000 or 3000 hrs and often cost $350-500 to replace). Hope this is a start...if you explain your situation/needs more, I might be able to assist further. Happy hunting....BTW couldn't comment on Canon, although I have a GL2 and Digital Elph and love them both.

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Here in the Netherlands, the local Apple dealer all of projectors for about 1200 Euro's. They are mostly epsons. Just checked the page of one of them, and they had one for 900 Euro's and one for 1000 ex VAT. The reslution is only 800 by 600 or a bit higher. The only disadvantages is that these beamers aren't very quiet and that the light they project is a bit week. So during daytime you will have to shut the curtains if you use it.