Recommend a Light Box Kit

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nhamze, Oct 6, 2006.

1. nhamze macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a light box/kit. I am getting into macro photography and while I like the outdoor shots my indoor shots have horrible lighting issues so I was thinking of getting a light box but I am not sure which one is good there are so many different lights and boxes and I don't want to drop a bunch of money on something that is no good. Any help would be appreciated

Nick

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Make one yourself. For very small subjects a 1 galon white plastic milk jug. Just cut out the bottom and one side. For bigger subjects make a tant of out white nylon ripstop. It's not rocket science. For studio shots like these the cheapest Vivitar strobes work well. Use then in manual mode

3. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

4. cookie1105 macrumors 6502

5. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Thanks, I've got some jewelry to shoot this week and I'm not a jewelry/product photographer, so I've been hunting around for this stuff. It was the best of the 20 or so links I found outside the commercial light tent world, and actually looks better than some of those.

Paul

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Photek makes a fairly inexpensive light tent set. By the way, these things are called a light tent, not a light box. A lightbox is used to view slides and negatives.

7. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Slides? Negatives? Didn't the Egyptions use those to develop heiroglyphics? :D

(I still have two enlargers, a Jobo and 3 view cameras at home.)