Recommend a Mouse!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by monkeycid, Jan 18, 2013.

1. monkeycid, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

macrumors member

Hi!

I hope these forums aren't running slower since my arrival because almost every other day I have another dilemma.

I started a thread asking what mice people use and I've looked through the best gaming mouse thread but I'm still unsure about what to buy. I was going to buy a R.A.T. 7 but apparently that has issues with OS X and I've read bad things about Razor, too.

I basically what a mouse that I can use on OS X without the need to download or install anything. I don't need a hundred buttons - just two, maybe an extra 2 on the side for going back and forwards whilst browsing the internet but not essential. And a scroll-wheel! I don't have a copy of Windows so troubleshooting in Bootcamp is not an option.

Is there a mouse out there for me?

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

I use a Razor Orochi, don't use a driver BUT use Better Touch Tool to get at the two side buttons.

3. macrumors regular

Philscbx

I gave up on mice for the ease of functions with Track Pads on both systems.

4. macrumors 6502a

Logitech Performance MX is my vote. It's fully supported on OSX. The only thing you'd want to download is Logitech's software to program the extra buttons and whatnot.

5. macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you insist on not using Apple's Magic Mouse, whose touch-enabled surface is far superior to a scroll wheel, you might want to look into the Logitech Revolution MX if you want something wireless, or the Logitech G9x if you don't mind wires.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. macrumors member

ThatGreekMacGuy

Go for Razer Deathadder