Recommend a nice (white) printer and speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by derthballs, Nov 7, 2005.

1. derthballs macrumors member

Oct 25, 2005
    Anyone have any idea of a nice printer that would look good beside my iMac that is coming to me, ive got a old HP photo 7600, but it will ruin the feng shui of my computer table beside the shiny imac :)

I was also looking at the altec lansing white speakers available on do these sound good, any alternative white speakers available?
  2. alexstein macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2004
    I use the JBL Creature 2.1 Speakers (in White). You can get them well under a 100US Dollars and they sound pretty good.
  3. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Aug 20, 2005
    London, UK
    I too would be very interested in any answer to this question.

I bought a canon ip90 (which is grey, not white), and is bluetooth so doesn't need to be near the iMac. So it doesn't spoil the "feng shui". But I would be tempted to sell it, if a matching printer was available

Also, why in general are ther so few peripherals that match the iMac. I've been looking for a matching headset/microphone for ages. Even looking for jet black backband headphones is proving impossible.

When will manufacturers realise that beauty & design is almost as important as functionality.
  4. Rantipole macrumors 6502

May 24, 2004
    For lower-priced speakers, I have the JBL Duets which look pretty nice next to the iMac. Decent sound for the price.

I have never seen such a printer! I have the HP psc 1350 which, while not white and gleaming, certainly holds its own next to the mac. It's CLEARLY a supporting player, and not the star, though. ;)
  5. joelb51 macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2005
    For Speakers Get The Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.. They A Bit More But They Are Amazing!!!!
  6. adk macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2005
    Stuck in the middle with you

I second that. they would look great next to an imac and sound even better
  7. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    For the printer you want, it depends on your printing needs.
    If you're primarily doing text and B&W, you might consider a monochrome laser printer.
    I got the Samsung ML-2010, which I have been VERY happy with.
    Fast, quiet printing w/laser quality.
    However, if you need color, that's obviously not for you.

Good luck!

p.s. It's white & fairly compact and would look fine next to your new iMac.
  8. brandon6684 Guest

Dec 30, 2002
    I'd stay away from HPs these days. The quality of their Mac drivers seem to be getting worse.