Recommend a place for a cool corner desk?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mike Teezie, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

The "post your Mac setup" thread over in the Picture gallery got me inspired to "upgrade" my new computer room a bit.

The house I just moved into is a bit smaller than my old one, but I have my own office now. I'm looking for a cool corner desk to minimize wasted space in here, so I can fit a medium sized drafting table as well.

I like very minimal, modern furniture. Glass, wood, whatever - just simple and clean.

This is a nice desk, if only it were a corner desk: (it's VespR's) link

I've done some google searches, but I can find is really nasty Office Depot furniture collection type stuff.

Any ideas?

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I have one of these at home, and I love it. Much more space than it appears to have in the pic, and quite sturdy considering the brand.
    When we relocated our preflight department at work, I bought 4 more of them, and they are working out great.

If you are interested, I'll see if I can dig up a shot of mine.

3. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Christ No! Man Ikea that is ugly!

Im in the market for a new desk, want a big 4 footer with a corner unit and maybe a filling cabinet or big 2 set drawer to hold cables/junk.

Got a budget of around £400 and can't seem to make up my mind.

Oh well.

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Try www.dwr.com... a bit more expensive than your neighborhood furniture store, but their designs are AWESOME.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

How 'bout something like this?

[​IMG]

I picked this up at Office Depot or Office Max. I can get more details if you like it. Definitely very modern.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

That's cool, but the one downside to a glass-topped computer desk is that it makes it nigh impossible to hide your wiring. That's why I went with a totally UN-clear Herman Miller Jean Beirise office suite...cherry tops, black laminate sides and shelves. Dignified, but still cool.

8. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I can hardly even see the desk in that pic due to all the Apple bling!

Your setup is beautiful, and I am envious. I think that desk might be a bit large for my small room, however.

I'm cruising the DWR site now.

9. joetronic macrumors 6502

I just bought two Alum worktables from DWR for my new office. check here. There are some good links to nice furiture here.

this is the one I just got. Should be shipped soon. Will post pics in setup thread when done.

10. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I like IKEA's custom office furniture. You pick various surfaces and leg styles. I have a large L shaped surface with extensions on both ends.
    A bit pricy but certainly not outrageous. Maybe $500 or so. The only trick is flipping over the large section to put the final pieces together. It takes two people.