Recommend a place for a cool corner desk?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mike Teezie, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    The "post your Mac setup" thread over in the Picture gallery got me inspired to "upgrade" my new computer room a bit.

The house I just moved into is a bit smaller than my old one, but I have my own office now. I'm looking for a cool corner desk to minimize wasted space in here, so I can fit a medium sized drafting table as well.

I like very minimal, modern furniture. Glass, wood, whatever - just simple and clean.

This is a nice desk, if only it were a corner desk: (it's VespR's) link

I've done some google searches, but I can find is really nasty Office Depot furniture collection type stuff.

Any ideas?
  2. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    I have one of these at home, and I love it. Much more space than it appears to have in the pic, and quite sturdy considering the brand.
    When we relocated our preflight department at work, I bought 4 more of them, and they are working out great.

If you are interested, I'll see if I can dig up a shot of mine.
  3. combatcolin macrumors 68020

Oct 24, 2004
    Northants, UK
    Christ No! Man Ikea that is ugly!

Im in the market for a new desk, want a big 4 footer with a corner unit and maybe a filling cabinet or big 2 set drawer to hold cables/junk.

Got a budget of around £400 and can't seem to make up my mind.

Oh well.
  4. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Try a bit more expensive than your neighborhood furniture store, but their designs are AWESOME.
  5. dejo Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
    How 'bout something like this?

I picked this up at Office Depot or Office Max. I can get more details if you like it. Definitely very modern.
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
  7. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    That's cool, but the one downside to a glass-topped computer desk is that it makes it nigh impossible to hide your wiring. That's why I went with a totally UN-clear Herman Miller Jean Beirise office suite...cherry tops, black laminate sides and shelves. Dignified, but still cool.
  8. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    I can hardly even see the desk in that pic due to all the Apple bling!

Your setup is beautiful, and I am envious. I think that desk might be a bit large for my small room, however.

I'm cruising the DWR site now.
  9. joetronic macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2004
    New Oxford, PA
    I just bought two Alum worktables from DWR for my new office. check here. There are some good links to nice furiture here.

this is the one I just got. Should be shipped soon. Will post pics in setup thread when done.
  10. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Texas, USA
    I like IKEA's custom office furniture. You pick various surfaces and leg styles. I have a large L shaped surface with extensions on both ends.
    A bit pricy but certainly not outrageous. Maybe $500 or so. The only trick is flipping over the large section to put the final pieces together. It takes two people.