Recommend an economically priced dummy keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 18thTomorrow, Jul 28, 2004.

1. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

Hello,
    I'm a fairly accomplished pianist and my piano teacher recently opened my eyes to the wonders of laying down/stacking tracks on an electronic piano. Now that I have a Garage-Band capable computer, I finally have the stuff I need to get started in earnest. I need to purchase a dummy keyboard for use with GarageBand. All I want is a bare-bones keyboard with midi that I can connect to my iBook. I'll use GarageBand for all of my instruments. Can I get such a thing for less than $100? Please recommend your favorite keyboard and if possible, let me know where you got it.
    Thanks!
    Britt

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

3. 18thTomorrow thread starter macrumors 6502

well, officially I've been taking lessons for 14 years...however, I didn't really take off until starting with my current teacher 3 years ago. (I was sort of a slacker in my youth :rolleyes: practicing only occured about once a week, so yeah...) My recent studies have included Moonlight Sonata and Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique. My current piece is Clair da Lune by Debussy...a longtime favorite of mine. I'm glad I can finally play it.

Thanks for the recommendation. Anybody else have experience with this keyboard, or can you recommend another?

4. Harald4 macrumors member

Seems like you've invested some time already and some more money?
    Get a big touch-sensitive masterkeyboard with all the midi tricks and learn them...
    Buy a copy of Nicholas Slonimski's "Thesaurus of Scales and Melodic Patterns" - Learn a new file every day and come back in ony year!