Recommend ipod shuffle to me?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Blackhawk2006, Jan 20, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Hi all

i have a ipod nano at the moment and i am planning on getting either the latest ipod out in the summer or the 80gig video in the summer...for now i would like something which holds say a 100 or something songs that i can easily take to the gym or college ...

i am not going to get the newer shuffle mainly because i dont really need to shell out more money than the 1st gen 512mb shuffle.

your opinions will be grateful

Thanks

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Um, okay...I'll recommend a first-generation shuffle, but it sounds you already know exactly what you want. I have the 1 GB version and love it...I take it with me almost everywhere I go.

3. macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you want it go and buy it.

4. thread starter macrumors member

seeing as they arent really sold new anymore ... apart from ebay and other sellers ... would a refurbished shuffle do any justice ... well i mean .. would it be just as good and fully working

5. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Absolutely...nothing wrong with Apple refurb. Terrific opportunity for a good deal. I only see the 1 GB model in the store right now...$59. The smaller model may show up again, but I haven't been following things there to see if they've had the 512 MB model in their recently.

6. thread starter macrumors member

oh and i am from the uk and looking at amazon aswell as apple .
    thanks

7. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Well there you go...512 MB model in the UK refurb store right now for £29.

8. macrumors member

I bought two 512 shuffles refurbished on apple.com about a week and a half ago for $29 each -- they weren't there when i initially entered the refurbed page, only appearing once I hit refresh, and they were gone virtually immediately after I purchased them. If you see one there, definitely buy it!

I love it -- it's great for using on walks (I listen to audio books on it) and I love the all in one design, something that I hope they bring back sometime. Having it in your pocket, it's easy to tell which direction it's facing, due to its long shape, making it super-convenient to use the controls without even looking. I can't imagine the new shuffle being as easy to use in those regards.

I am impressed by the size and weight (and price!) of the new shuffle, but a bit put off by its reliance on the dock to plug into the computer.

I've had a 4g ipod for two years, and loading music on the shuffle has baffled me a little. I wish it were more ipod-like and less automatic -- I've deleted the shuffle a few times because the external hard drive containing my itunes library was disconnected.

9. thread starter macrumors member

okay thx for all the replys and i have purchased one myself :)

cant wait but i need to ask this:
    does it come with headphones .. cd etc
    and do i have to install it again using the cd that comes with the shuffle or can i just plug it in and start dropping songs onto it

10. macrumors member

Good quality refurbed equipment... Cant beat that!