Recommend Joystick for MBP 2011 & x Plane 9

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Myrm, Apr 19, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Myrm

Hi

I have just purchased X Plane 9 for my MBP. Can anybody suggest a joystick that I can use that is compatible with MBP (running Snow Leopard 10.6.7) and X Plane 9.
    I have an old MS Force Feedback 2 but that doesn't seem to be compatible.

Vary many thanks.

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Myrm

Thank you vary much, RockPortTec. The Logitech Extreme™ 3D Pro looks vary nice indeed. :)

4. macrumors 6502

emiljan

Saitek makes some good joysticks for flight sims also. Logitech is another good brand.

5. macrumors 6502

RollTide

I bought the 3d pro for other flight sims, was unaware it worked under Snow Leopard. I like it, much cheaper now than when I bought it. Mine got kinda squeaky after a bit of use(long bomb runs over English channel). I put a little olive oil on it, been squeak free for years.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Myrm

I'll be honest, I am not expecting it to work on these new Intel Macs as I have heard some people say that their Mac-compatible joysticks worked well on their iMacs but not on their Intel Macs. Oh well, we will see what happens when it arrives.

7. macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I have the CH Fighterstick on my PC, but I know it supports the Mac -- you'll just have to rely on X PLane to setup its axis and its buttons, since there's no control software for the Mac.

Anyways, the only reason I mention it, is when compared to the cheaper Logitech, it's night day better when it comes to precision and going by my prior CH products, I've never had one fail on me, so I have the same faith in this newer stick.

8. macrumors 68020

Solomani

Anyone know if the Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X is compatible with the MacOSX version of X-Plane?