Recommendation for kid-friendly Page Layout application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rob.rees@mac.co, Jul 16, 2004.

1. rob.rees@mac.co macrumors newbie

I'm looking for an application which a class of 8 year olds can use to construct their school newsletter. I'd like to offer them something more complicated than the newsletter templates in Word, but less complicated than Quark. The application needs to output some type of file format (pdf?) that can be sent top a printer for 4-colour printing. It would help if it was also a reasonable price or had a decent educational discount!

Thanks for any advice.

Regards

Rob

2. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

Any Mac OS X app that can print, can export PDF files.

3. AnewMac macrumors regular

I am looking for something exactly like that for my wife and her fourth grade class. Microsoft makes publisher, surely there is a program like that for Mac?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The Print Shop will do a good job. AppleWorks can do a great job, also.

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

This would make a pre-press professional jump right in and say "InDesign" or some other high tech pro app. But when I saw "8 year olds" I had to stop and think, so I called on a friend of mine who is the marketing director for ESSAA (The Empire State Supervisors and Administrators Association) Who better to know of a few teachers out there who may already be using this kind of software in their classrooms. If you're interested in the site, it's: http://www.essaa.org/

If Bob gats back to me I'll let you know asap.

Since my company prints their newsletter and I do all the layout I think I will hear soon.