Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Hi all I’m in the market for something new to go with my Mac Pro. Now as they are speakers of course they need to sound good, but I also want them to look good, (very good actually). I’d prefer a sub woofer and two satellites, (but four satellites is passable too). No need for Soundsticks - I’ve already had them.
Prefer 3.5mm jack although USB or other 5,1 compatible interface is an option. Don’t mind spending up to £300.

Lastly, I currently have a set of speakers made by Ferguson Hill. So I have teamed a set of FH007 speakers with the FH008 Subwoofer. Like so;
213-i-store-Thailand.jpg

Any ideas?

:^)

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Note to the Mods.

I’m just asking myself if this should be in the Mac Accessories section, if that is the case would one of you be so kind as to do the honours please?
Thx.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
It all depends on your definition of "looking good". I like the design of studio monitors like KRK's or AudioEngines just because it has a professional feel to it. I would suggest looking through a thread like this https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/post-your-mac-setup-past-present-part-20.1772959/ to check what others are using and how it would fit in a typical Mac setup :)
Yep, good idea actually and good point. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
Thx.

Reactions: bokkow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.