Recommendations for bar code software please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by absolut_mac, Jan 29, 2007.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

My friend's wife has a store that has become quite busy, and they are looking to buy a system with bar code scanning software that will track their inventory and point of sale info etc.

Right now they don't have a computer in the store, so they are open to either a Mac or a PC. My immediate recommendation is to go with the Mac as she has virtually zero computer experience, and her husband has Macs at home. Although I have zero experience with that type of software, I have seen ads for them in both Mac Addict and Mac World.

Anybody here have any hands on experience with this type of software and if you could pass on your recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

2. Jaimesharp macrumors newbie

What kind of products do they sell

What kind of products do they sell and how portable do they want the reader and how much do they want to spend.

3. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Women's clothing and lingerie. Yeah, I think that they will obviously need a reader to go along with the software. I'm not sure what their budget is, but remember that they need to buy the computer first, so I'm sure they have budgeted around $1,500 for the computer and about $200 to $300 for the software.

Any recommendations?