Recommendations for stronghold-building games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Bedawyn, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Bedawyn macrumors regular

I'm looking for a resource-and-population management-type game that allows you to build a stronghold or city-state, but I want one with the right type of milieu. I suspect Tropico would be perfect, except the whole Caribbean dictator thing totally turns me off -- is there something out there like Tropico but with a post-apocalyptic or urban fantasy setting? Something where your enclave is the last bastion of advanced civilization digging in to resist the encroaching hordes of darkness? I love sims, but I don't want it to be focused on architecture or civil engineering, or on global expansion. Ideally, it would allow you to switch between managing your enclave at home and following individual characters as they go off on exploration/combat/roleplaying missions.

Does the game I'm looking for actually exist, or is there anything out there at least reasonably similar? Any recommendations would be welcome -- it's been several years since I spent much time gaming, so I'm hopelessly out of touch with what's available that isn't a decade old.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

3. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

the only games that i know of are... Majesty, stronghold, and Civilization III:rolleyes: