Recommendations on Skype bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JW8725, Jul 14, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

So I downloaded skype the other day. Awesome service. The calls are very clear. What I would like to do is call my friends from a bluetooth headset when I'm at home. I've seen some very large USB type phones (eww) but I was after a bluetooth headset. Could I say use a bog standard mobile phone bluetooth headset? I rather like the Nokia ones.

ta

2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

3. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

Sorry, but what is Skype? I am a begining Mac user and have hear a lot about it. If you can make phone calls from your computer I will buy a BlueTooth Module for my iBook.

4. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well you could just plug the phone into the USB slot??

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Interestingly enough, with the targeted content ads, there are some nice banners at the bottom of the page with Bluetooth headsets ;)

6. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Skype is free telephony software that is fantastic. If you have the Sykpe and a friend does too then you can call each other over the net for free. It's like webcam but without images but with fantastic quality.

There are other services like Sypke In and Skpye Out which you can read about at Skype. I only use it for one friend who lives in the UK and it's fantastic.

7. puc macrumors newbie

8. PrincessPeach macrumors regular

You can use it for free webcam video chat too. My parents are always nagging me to put my camera on when I'm in my pyjamas and wanting to go to bed =(

9. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

I like the idea of the new jawbone that can have two simultaneous bloothtooth connections.

Very useful for switching between mobile calls and skype calls over a computer network.