Recommendations on sub £150 printer for Mac & PC

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JW8725, Dec 7, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Currently I'm struggling on Windows XP till I purchase my next mac (hopefully a new mini that Steve releases come 10th Jan). I wont babble on about how bad Windows is compared to Tiger so I'll cut to the chase....

I needs me a printer. I run a small business so the prints mustn't look rookie. I also likes my Canon Digital Rebel XT (or EOS 350D for us in UK) and would like to print the odd picture here and there as a second function.

I'd need it to be flexible between Bindows and Mac and would like recommendations on what you lot think is hot and whats not?

oh and please....I just sold the darn LaCie HD for noise problems. Noisy printers not allowed in my room, ruin the Chi...etc.

Thanks a lot

2. Willy S macrumors 6502

If you can find a Canon printer that doesn´t over saturate, I would buy one. I didn´t find any so I bought an Epson R220 but I have only been able to use it with XP.

Tomshardware has rated Epson and Canon printers and the Canon prints are always too saturated so they look artificial to my eyes.

The variety of continous ink systems is better for Epson printers and I intend to buy one in January so I can print alot without braking the bank.

Good luck choosing!