Recommended apps for new convert

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by simon.c, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simon.c macrumors newbie

Feb 2, 2007
    I have purchased a 1GB, 2.16Ghz, 20" c2d iMac running Tiger (I re-installed the OS minus MS Office and iWorks trials, plus X11 for Open Office).

I have Windows XP and Office, access work using VPN and Citrix or Citrix web client via SSL (Juniper) in IE, use Roxio, and Bearshare (the free one). Can anyone offer experienced advice on any of the following: Open Office, NeoOffice, iWorks, Citrix Client for Mac (full client or running in Safari???), file sharing software. I am considering using Bootkamp but would rather stay within OS X and use a Windows laptop as a last resort. I have done some research and lean to NeoOffice and running full citrix client via VPN. I am behind a router, do I need Anti-virus sofware on a mac?? Any other "must have" apps. Thanks for your help in advance.

I have used most Windows OS since MS Dos to Server 2000, Solaris and other Unix flavours. I was gobsmacked to see the terminal window and "uname -a" gives Darwin, proof that the Mac is the evolutionary computer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.