Recommended Chrome Polish for Back of iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by clayj, Mar 28, 2005.

1. macrumors 604

clayj

OK, so I just took my iPod Photo out of its iSkin for a few minutes, and sure enough, there are some minute (my-noot) scratches on the chrome back... can anyone recommend a good polish that will "enhance the luster" of the iPod's chromed bits without scratching?

2. Guest

iGary

Flitz

I've used it without any scratches, but won't vouch for any other results. :)

3. macrumors 6502

Seriously...

Colgate Toothpaste... NO JOKE... That stuff works on my fine silver jewelry. :D

4. thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

What do you apply it with?

5. macrumors regular

rasp

I've just given in to the idea of having a scratched iPod. The high gloss surface, looks pretty, but you pay a price for it. So far it's the only flaw (if you can call it that) I've really noticed.

6. macrumors 6502a

I find that after the gym, my ipod mini has quite a lot of bits & fibres all over it from my cloves & the gym equipment etc....

I find that an ideal way of cleaning it is to wipe it all over my soggy track pants.....

Hmmmmm!!! :p :p

7. macrumors 6502

Just put a little dab on your finger, and spread evenly. Let it dry and wipe it off with a damp cloth.

8. macrumors 6502a

toothpaste

I wouldn't advise using 'WHITENING' paste, or anything else containing abrasive sodas...

Otherwise after a while your chrome is gonna end up looking like brushed aluminium..... :D