record facetime???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Jun 21, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

is there anyway you can record your facetime conversation? i have a 3 year old and would love to save some of the conversations we have when shes at her grandparents place.

2. macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

That would be a great implementation! Something apple should be considering, IMO.

3. macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

Check out Ryan Petrich's Display Recorder in Cydia. 5 bucks.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

that will record facetime?

5. macrumors 65816

jaseone

There are too many legal issues with that, am pretty sure it is illegal to record phone conversations without the other party's knowledge and while Facetime is technically not a phone call I think it would ultimately have to play by those rules.

6. macrumors 65816

jaseone

Seemingly it does but sans audio as it doesn't record audio at all yet.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

looks good. but i keep getting this error 2, so i googled it and found a fix by adding in ifile a file called ".recording.avi". this fixed the error problem, but now i can find the recordings in the app itself.

whats wrong?

8. macrumors newbie

Actually, in the states this varies from state to state. For example Texas is a single party state, so only one of the two people, assuming a person-to-person, on the phone call have to know they are getting recorded.

9. macrumors newbie

i just tried this app and it said to restart springboard and now im frozen, it keeps showing lock screen and then goes back to loading screen, can anybody help?