record speech synthesizer (audio hijack)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by homerjward, Aug 4, 2005.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i need to know how to record just the speech synthesizer (think that's what it's called, when you get your mac to read text for you) using audio hijack pro under 10.3.9 on an emac. i tried getting a 3.5mm male-male cable and plugging it into both audio in and out which worked but it also recorded any other system sounds. any ideas on what the app i need to hijack is called? i need to record it reading a word document, if that' matters. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    alex

2. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

im really sorry to bump, but does anyone know? ive looked through all my running processes while it's reading but cant seem to find anything hijackable :eek:

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I've never tried that using Audio Hijack Pro and I can't right now because I'm away from my laptop. One old trick I used to use years ago was to hook up 2 macs - audio out from one into the mic jack of the other and then use an audio app like Amadeus to record the "speaking" Mac. This works like a charm but is a bit of a pain. Maybe you shoul check the Audio Hijack website for info or email their tech support. Good luck.