Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Is it possible to record video with the internal iSight in the MacBook through iChat or another program?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Yeah, just slide the little switch over to the camera icon - and you can do time-lapse as well.

QT Pro also allows you to record (but costs US$30 to upgrade to it). I find it to be a 'lighter' app to use, as it starts up quick and uses less RAM.

Attachments

• iMovieHDSlider.png
    iMovieHDSlider.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,730

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
You can also use Quicktime. I believe all the new MBs and MBPs come with Quicktime Pro

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
I never use QT anyway. It s*cks to the max in all aspects compared to VLC.:cool:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Josias said:
I never use QT anyway. It s*cks to the max in all aspects compared to VLC.:cool:
Then you, my friend, do not know the joy that is QT. Like playing movies with ASCII. Good stuff.

Edit: Seriously, try it. Download the linked file, copy ASCIIMoviePlayer to a folder containing one or more QT movies (say 'your_movie.mov' is one of them), then open Terminal, go to that folder, and type:
Code:
./ASCIIMoviePlayer your_movie.mov
Just make sure your Terminal window is big enough to show it all.

VLC has nothing on QT.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
howesey said:
I get "No Camera Attached" here. Help!

Could this be one of the things that is happening when people just get a green screen opening PhotoBooth? I've heard of this before but...:confused:

Are you sure you have an iSight? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.