Recording Audio onto a MBP from a stream - when I'm not there to set it on/off.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Conor J McGowan, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Conor J McGowan macrumors newbie

Hi.

I got a MacBookPro in November, and it is fantastic.

My favorite Radio Show is on from 12Midnight - 2am. The problem is that I'm usually in bed between Midnight and 2am.

The Solution?

I have a streaming address from the site, and I was hoping one of you would be able to tell if there is an application (pref free or cheap) that could be set (like a VCR or TVIO) to record the same station, each night, between 12 and 2?

Recording the show would really add to my quality of life. There HAS to be a mac app out there that could do it. If anyone could point me in it's direction, I would be a happier person! :)

2. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

That is an excellent program. I have used it for a while and its very reliable. Everything will work exactly as planned.

3. Conor J McGowan thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

5. Conor J McGowan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again for the tips. I'm undecided as to audiohijacker or the griffin device.

Is it possible to record while the lid is closed on the MacBookPro? Once the lid is down, does it have to be asleep?

I sleep in the same room as the computer, so not having a glaring screen on as I try to catch 40 winks would be a big help.

Are there alternatives (i.e. a screen shutdown that could leave the MBP open, but not blaring light across the room).

As always, all help is appreciated.

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Use at your own risk