Recording internet radio

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maul1999, Mar 28, 2006.

1. maul1999 macrumors newbie

Does anybody know a way to record internet radio with Itunes?

2. Greenjeens macrumors regular

You need something like Audio Hijack.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18611

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/compare.php

Haven't used it that much, appears to have lots more features. Looked confusing a first, but it's pretty simple to do basic recordings from iTunes radio. There's a handy recording timer and piles of DSP/mixing doodads. Just updated to the new pro version and it's even easier to use.
    The pro version of AudioHijack works to record streaming radio or any connected audio source. The regular version appears promising and $10 less.

Does everything it says and can file (radio) recordings right to the iTunes library.
    Streaming radio audio quality is limited, and why anyone would need or want to use the signal processing tools on good music, is a mystery, but this is one handy application to capture (and file) any connected music/media connected to your Mac.
    -
    Dave

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Wiretap Studio will do it as well, although it is more expensive, it can also export directly to iTunes.

4. Bjohnson33 macrumors 6502

I have Audio Hijack and find it's awesome. Easy to use and does a great job.

5. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Anyone know of a free or cheap (less than $20) option? I ONLY need to record internet radio.

Using sn0w leopard, FYI.

Cheers!

6. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Bump-Anyone using a cheap piece of software to record internet streams?

I see a lot out there but they are all like $50+ and do much more than I need, which is to just record the stream. I don't need to do anything beyond that (i.e. edit).