Recording iTunes Visualizations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacFan25863, Oct 19, 2004.

1. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004

I was wondering if there was a way to do this. I tried Snapz X, as well as a few other screen record apps, but they are all really choppy (only a few frames per second), and none can record it in full screen. Same thing happens on Windows. Any idea on how to get something with at least 20 fps?

2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I've used Snapz X 2.0 and got decent visualizer snaps. A few tips: Quit all other apps, and disconnect from any internet connections (even ethernet/airport). When iTunes visualizer runs full screen, it switches the screen to a lower res. Scale the iTunes window to 640x480 and you should have the equivalent of the visualizer at full screen. I have a 1.25 Ghz Aluminum 15 inch with a 64MB Radeon 9700 Mobility graphics card. If nothing else, it may be the HD speed slowing it down, try setting the scratch disk to a faster (7200 RPM) FireWire drive.
  3. MacFan25863 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Well, I tried everything you said (as well as bring the colors down), but its still really choppy in Snapz. I'll try it on my PC tomorrow (which has a faster HD, better graphics, and faster chip than my 12in PB....)