Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Anyone have any suggestions for the best program to record music into my mac. I want to take music from some old cassettes I have and record them into the mac and then transfer them to CD's. I have the tape player hooked up thru a receiver/amp but need a good program to make the input as easy as possible. I have used audiocorder in the past but it doesn't seem to work too well any more. Thanks for your help!

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I used CD Spin Doctor that came with Toast to digitalize my old cassettes. It just needed a lead from my stereo's headphone socket to my iMac's input socket. No amp. And very easy to use.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
MrSmith said:
I used CD Spin Doctor that came with Toast to digitalize my old cassettes. It just needed a lead from my stereo's headphone socket to my iMac's input socket. No amp. And very easy to use.
I use this for vinyl and for tapes. Works very well for both.

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I have Toast version 6.0.5 and I can't seem to find Spin Doctor. Is it part of Toast or an add on???

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
BLDun said:
I have Toast version 6.0.5 and I can't seem to find Spin Doctor. Is it part of Toast or an add on???

It should be in Applications > Toast > Additional Software. Possibly when you install Toast it asks if you want the other stuff? I can't remember. I have Toast 7 Titanium and that's where it is on my machine. Presumably you've done a Spotlight search, so I'd check the install disk.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
BLDun said:
Anyone have any suggestions for the best program to record music into my mac. I want to take music from some old cassettes I have and record them into the mac and then transfer them to CD's. I have the tape player hooked up thru a receiver/amp but need a good program to make the input as easy as possible. I have used audiocorder in the past but it doesn't seem to work too well any more. Thanks for your help!

On a long shot, I typed in "audio recorder os x" into google and found this.

doesnt' get much easier than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.