Recording music on my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BLDun, Oct 8, 2006.

1. BLDun macrumors regular

Anyone have any suggestions for the best program to record music into my mac. I want to take music from some old cassettes I have and record them into the mac and then transfer them to CD's. I have the tape player hooked up thru a receiver/amp but need a good program to make the input as easy as possible. I have used audiocorder in the past but it doesn't seem to work too well any more. Thanks for your help!

2. atmenterprises macrumors regular

Garageband works fine for me when I'm taking audio from a minidisc player into my Mac.

3. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I used CD Spin Doctor that came with Toast to digitalize my old cassettes. It just needed a lead from my stereo's headphone socket to my iMac's input socket. No amp. And very easy to use.

4. calculus Guest

calculus

I use this for vinyl and for tapes. Works very well for both.

5. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Which reminds me - it's very easy to cut out hiss with Spin Doctor.

6. EMAGDNIM macrumors member

EMAGDNIM

I use Audacity. I use it to record my DJ sets, and its never failed me once so far (I've been using it for about a year)...

7. BLDun thread starter macrumors regular

I have Toast version 6.0.5 and I can't seem to find Spin Doctor. Is it part of Toast or an add on???

8. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

It should be in Applications > Toast > Additional Software. Possibly when you install Toast it asks if you want the other stuff? I can't remember. I have Toast 7 Titanium and that's where it is on my machine. Presumably you've done a Spotlight search, so I'd check the install disk.

9. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

On a long shot, I typed in "audio recorder os x" into google and found this.

doesnt' get much easier than that.