Recording On A Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bob Jovi, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

Hi,

I've recently purchased a macbook and would like to use it to record on at band practise. it would only be with two mics and was wondering if there was any way of doing this without buying pro tools and an mbox??

Thanks

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Try Garageband. You can record stuff as individual tracks etc.

3. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

how would I be able to record two tracks at the same time though? what sort of input would I need to get?

4. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

You'd probably need some type of input box (check out the M-Audio site), and a couple of cables. You could then hook the cables between the amps and the box, which, I think, should work out as being separate recording signals. As for drums, I think you'd be best off actually recording that separately.

Maybe this will put you on the right track, but, I have no idea whether or not this will work as I think it will, nor if it's the right solution for you.

Just throwing it out there. :)

5. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

All I wanted to use it for initially would be to record us live with two mics in the room so that we can send the songs to our new member so that he can learn them before we practise with him.

In the future I might get an mbox so that I can do high quality multitrack recording, but for the time being just wanted to know the cheapest way to do this.