Recording "Real Player" Radio Streams ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SpaceMusic_Guy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. SpaceMusic_Guy macrumors member

O.K.....I'm looking to record a "Real Player" stream of a Radio program. I did a Radio Interview last Friday night. We did record it to Cassette tape and I've transferred that to my computer via ProTools, but it is a bit hissy.

I'd really like to get the Digital Stream recorded instead. I've looked intensely on "Tucows" for any Mac Utility programs that would do this but I cannot find any so far.

Does anyone out there know of a program for OS X (10.3.9) that will let me record "Real Player" streams ?? Obviously, I cannot download the Real Player file....it will only stream from the net. I'd really like to record it from the "Stream" which has no hiss in it.....then I can burn it on to a CD.

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Probably the best app for this would be Audio Hijack ( http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/ ). It's really intuitive and should do what you need. The trial will let you record for up to ten minutes before adding hiss, or you can purchase the program for $16 and record to your heart's content.

3. SpaceMusic_Guy thread starter macrumors member

Got it.........Thanks !!

Went and downloaded the "Audio Hijack" program......very cool !! Works like a charm. I actually spent the $16.00 to buy the program.....definitely worth it.

Thanks for the info !!

4. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Agree that Audio Hijack is the best tool out there to do it...great purchase though...