recording voice notes Office '04 or ipod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kevinuaa, Jul 27, 2004.

1. kevinuaa macrumors member

Jul 25, 2004
    i'm wondering if anyone has used Office '04 for recording audio notes in a lecture. It seems like a nice feature but I wonder if the built in mic on a pb is sufficient. Anyone have experience with this? I'm wondering if maybe I should just get the (belkin?) mic extension for the iPod instead. Any thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on my PB 12" vs iB 14" debate. I think i'm going to go w/ the PB 12" If i hate it i can sell it on Ebay for a decent price.
  2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    What part of Office records voice notes? Word? Some people still try to tell me MS Office isn't bloated.

I haven't used the voice recorder on the iPod. It wouldn't be super high fidelity or anything, but it might work alright. It's small, which might be a plus. If you're going to have your laptop there anyway, you might want to look at recording straight to that using something like Audacity, Peak, or Sound Studio. The quality wou'd be better than with the iPod and you'd be able to locate parts of a speech and edit very quickly and easily.