Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

praneeth34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2013
Hello,

Recently, I accidentally deleted an application (called "iTalk") from my iPhone. It is easy to re-download it. However, I have some recordings in it which are lost. Could you please let me know if there are any softwares to recover data from iPhone.

I spoke with 2 data recovery companies about this. One said they have had some success in the past in such cases. The other said the chances of recovering app data is less. I need to visit them and find out. I really hope this is possible.

Thanks,
Sai
:(:(

praneeth34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2013
Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, the app got deleted more than a week back.

Data retrieval companies charge a lot for the services. I am trying to see if it possible to do it on my own.

My friend suggested me to create a sector-by-sector copy of the iPhone and then try recovering it from that disk image. Could you please let me know how to do this.

I tried using iExplorer software to mount iPhone as a disk
http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

and then use Carbon copy Cloner to create a "sector-by-sector" image of my iPhone
http://www.bombich.com/ccc_features.html

However, when I mounted my iPhone as disk, I am not sure if it includes all files ie. esp. the "deleted ones".

If it includes them, then I can create a clone.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Sai

Hello,

Recently, I accidentally deleted an application (called "iTalk") from my iPhone. It is easy to re-download it. However, I have some recordings in it which are lost. Could you please let me know if there are any softwares to recover data from iPhone.

I spoke with 2 data recovery companies about this. One said they have had some success in the past in such cases. The other said the chances of recovering app data is less. I need to visit them and find out. I really hope this is possible.

Thanks,
Sai
:(:(

Zalia

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
Reinstall app, restore iphone, where to start?

I've deleted an app (iBabyLog) and realised I had data saved in it that I needed to copy over still. I've read up on a few options but wonder which one is the safest one to try first.

I removed the App from my iPhone in iTunes last night. If I look at the Data Preferences in iTunes it says the last backup was September last year, I need a version from between yesterday and last week.

In iCloud options on my iPhone I had Documents & Data switched off.

The app is still on iTunes in my Library. I backup my computer regularly on an external hard drive with Time Machine.

If I reinstall the App will it have the data with it? Is this the best one to try first? Otherwise what would a restore of the iPhone do?

Any other options to try?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.