Recover deleted SMS text messages help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by littleirishboy, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have just got an iphone and my girlfriend was using it for the past week or so untill i changed over onto o2 so i could use it. She has texted some people and deleted the text messages...is there any way i can recover them??

2. macrumors 65816

nomar383

Don't think so...

(I wouldn't trust her either :))

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have seen some things on the internet about accessing the files on the iphone and i should be able to get them...can anyone help??

4. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Dude, if she DELETED them, accessing the phone isnt going to do you any good, you cant access phantom files that arent on the phone.

5. macrumors 65816

nomar383

Yeah, I'm not sure you can do data recovery on flash memory, even if there were like system-critical files

6. macrumors 6502a

Four20

I'm not sure if Macs don't delete files like Windows does(where they really keep the data until it's written over). If so, then there has to be a way to recover, but you'd only be able to recover the raw data, not the sms message itself.

7. macrumors 65816

nomar383

In other words (if it's even possible), it would take more than 2.3 seconds

8. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

In other words, get a new gf 

9. Guest

some serious trust issues here, but whatever, if she had backed up you could restore from any of those backups and see what info's different.
    there's also an app for viewing text messages on your computer, syphone, but it only works with backups.

10. macrumors newbie

hi

hi dude
    If I am not wrong the msges ll be in da sim card ,thr are hardwares available in da market to get the deleted msges ,Its a kindof USB drive ,you can put the sim in to it to get da msgs...In ireland think it costs abt 35 euros.Google it for as spy materials.
    all da best...

11. macrumors 65816

nomar383

iPhone text messages are not stored on the SIM.

12. dZp
    macrumors 6502a

13. macrumors 65816

nomar383

This all makes me lol :)

14. macrumors newbie

15. macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Do you want me to forward them to you?

16. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Just because she's your girlfriend doesn't mean she loses all her privacy.

17. macrumors 68030

bytethese

Actually, recovery can be performed, even if the messages were deleted. :)

It's a PITA, but a forensic analysis can be done on the device and deleted files can possibly be recovered. In otherwords, it would take WAY more than 2.3s yes, but it is possible. :)

18. macrumors newbie

Can you help me recover deleted messages from my phone? or point me in the right direction

19. macrumors 6502

i believe the messages are stored in a sql database (sms.db) so unless sql saves deleted data, not sure they can be recovered from the phone. best bet is to look into the backups on the computer.

20. macrumors 68030

bytethese

I can't help you no, I'd be too expensive. :)

You can read up on forensic recovery but the labor needed to perform such a task may not be worth the effort. Now if you have a picture of something that no one else had and you needed it, or if you have evidence to convict someone, or absolve yourself of a crime, then it would me more worth it. A good place to start would be this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Forensics-Recovering-Evidence-Corporate/dp/0596153589

21. macrumors 6502a

Since there deleted

Why not look at your bill, I know with AT&T under messaging it lists the numbers that msg's were sent too.

Get the list, and than DO NOT use your cell phone but use maybe one from the O2 store or apple store and what ever telephone number or numbers have the highest amount of msg's sent call the number,

OR

Use a Google voice number if its accessible.

If you asked her and she wont tell you who she msg'd , would you and do you trust her?

You can always get another girl friend

22. macrumors 65816

nomar383

The OP was over a year ago. He may have moved on :)

23. macrumors 6502a

Oooops

But others could use the information:rolleyes:

Thanks

24. macrumors newbie

SD recovery

It say this will work if data was not written over it. How do I know if it was or wasn't?
    Thanks

25. macrumors newbie

Recover deleted text messages on iphones

I am a licensed private investigator and I can retrieve deleted text message, call logs, pics, video and other information off of any phone. I have in home kits or you can send your phone to my lab. Call 8 6 6 6 4 0 1 0 1 0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.