Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McCombsJRM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Looking for advice on programs that will let me "recover"/ transfer music from my iPod to my iMac. Senuti seems popular; any other suggestions?

cloroxbleach4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I just did this a couple of days ago. I used Expod, it's a free download. You basically designate an area for it to put the files. Then upload it into iTunes and allow itunes to make a copy. Then you're all set!

McCombsJRM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
@AdrianK; I haven't used Senuti yet.

@cloroxbleach4; thanks for the help!

Stargazer42

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2011
What about playlists and videos?

I have a new 4G iTouch that I would like to receive all the "stuff" from an older iTouch including music playlists, audible books and some videos. Many of these are not on my current iMac (nor do I want them there). Hence I need to use some third party software. Does Senuti do this? Or any others? Thanks.

McCombsJRM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
It looks like DeTune is the replacement for Expod. It appears to do everything that Senuti does, but it's FREE! Thanks again cloroxbleach4!!!!!

Santino

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
Florence, Italy
Wonderful

Hey guys, I just wanted to confirm DeTune works like a charm, thanks!

Basically I just connected the ipod and before iTunes could start I kept command+alt (option) pressed, to prevent the prompt of erasing everything and syncing with the new itunes library from popping up; after that I clicked on DeTune and was on my way ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.